Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Independence Day Celebration

Today, Friday June 11, I am celebrating my independence day. June 11, 2009 was the day that I stood my ground and walked out of a dead situation and into the unknown. It's also the day that began my life adventure. Learning what was necessary to survive and build a life for my son and I without leaning on someone else. I didn't believe it was possible to jump over so many hurdles and dodge a ton of obstacles on the way in just a year. But I have accomplished much more than I could ever dream.

Funny enough, I am signing papers on a new house too. What is so funny about that you ask? Well, it's the same day I signed papers on the rental house I'm currently living in. But I did get a scare from the underwriters who decided to re-evaluate my financial status. Nothing like being thrilled to buy a house and then to have a deep scare that I may not get to buy the house because of something from my past. And until yesterday, I wasn't sure that I would own this home. But I knew I had to. All the signs were there. The house was born the same year I was, and it is on the street named after my favorite show when I was a teenager. Not to mention the closing date was the same as my independence day and I found out I was approved to buy a home on my birthday. So I knew deep down, it had to be mine. There were other things that came into play like the scattered thunderstorms and the always down to the wire. For some reason my adrenaline is always meant to be pumping hard.

So my Independence Day speech is as follows: Today I celebrate my Independence Day. The day that I learned the hills may look like mountains, but they are mere speed bumps along the path that faith leads me... God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment