Friday, September 16, 2011

Finding the light

My heart yearns to speak as the tears slide down my cheeks. A crack so slight, it is barely noticed, has begun to form in my heart. The fire from my throat is building. I cannot breathe. If only I could mend the ache. I'm dying inside. There is no hope.


A new sense of loneliness is emerging from deep within.


NO! I scream.


Go away! Happiness is right here! I shout.


But yet I feel the creeping of exile climbing into every fiber of my being.


I can't let this evil take over.


I push against it.


I feel the light behind me.


I push harder.


It's getting brighter.


I'm exhausted.


I want to fall.


But I can't.


I won't let the darkness swarm over me again.


Where is the sunshine when you need it?

It is buried deep within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment