Saturday, July 13, 2013

With Gabriela Whitley: The Rise of the kingdom available online for both Amazon and Barnes and Noble, I find myself searching deeply for the answer that will break it open to all the retailers. That road is perilous yet achievable and requires much more devotion than I have given it. But I have found that opportunity is in my hands and I have found the confidence to push forward and make it happen. How, you ask?

I recently submitted this novel to receive the Kirkus Indie Review. When the review came in, a shock wave of fear and excitement shot through me as I picked up the sheet to read it. At first, it started off with their summary of the novel and my impatience to skip down to the bottom of the review tried to take over, yet my fear of their opinions kept me reading it with sweaty palms. After I read it, I was astonished (though I shouldn't be with the raves I had already received) and couldn't believe what I had read. So, I had to reread it. As I read it, slowly, I giggled and felt tears sting my eyes. This was exactly what I needed to get me motivated again.

My submissions have kept me busy as well as writing the second novel (and my family, of course), which is almost complete and makes it hard to keep up with blogging (especially when you can't break free from the romance and devastation within the second part of the story). With this review, I feel my chances have increased for notice-ability and hopefully will lead to my ultimate dream. 

A brief message from the review: Though this novel was described as a typical vampire story (which is true for this first book in it's series.), it also claims to be highly readable. I encourage you to visit my website and read the review in it's entirety.

lyanajo.wix.com/lyanajo

No comments:

Post a Comment