Friday, September 10, 2010

Lust or Love

Can you differentiate between the two? I can.

In the last year and a half, I looked at a guy and wondered what his chest looked like or stared at his lips curious if he could really kiss. I could go on, but you catch my drift. I never cared much for an intellectual conversation with these guys I found very appealing. Quite frankly, I wasn't interested in anymore than a fantasy.

Two months ago, I was put to the test. I had been set up on a date and I really wasn't interested. I had finally found myself and honestly knew school was much more important than some guy. When I met him, I sighed with relief. He was cute, but nah.

The crazy thing, we talked. We talked and danced the night away and I laughed. I loved dancing and swinging with many different partners. But tonight, I found myself only wanting to dance with him and continue our conversation.

I craved a conversation with him on several occasions and that is what we did. We talked about everything, laughing until we were in tears and our stomachs hurt. We spent hours doing this and didn't move forward for three weeks spending as many days together as we could. Not even kissing.
When that first kiss came, I was nervous and giggly.

I realized that this was something special and that this was love.

No comments:

Post a Comment