Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lazy Day

Have you ever looked at the chaos around you and decided that today... you are just not going to lift a finger?
Today, that is me. With a never ending pile of growing chores and tasks, I find myself staring off in a daze, wondering where to begin. I had kept on top of the daily needs for two weeks straight and tonight, I am just exhausted.
My assignment is due in one week and it just needs finalization. The dishes and laundry are clean and ready to be put where they should go. Dinner dishes are ready to be loaded. The simple task of brushing teeth and washing my face seem like such a chore at this moment.

I changed into my pajamas at seven and let my son watch television, counting the final hour down until complete silence. I plan to crawl into bed with a good book at eight o'clock when my child is in his bed. Will I make it passed the first page or will I crash out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I can only hope this evening will spring me back into my normal energized self.

No comments:

Post a Comment