Monday, August 30, 2010

A Special Day

On August 30, 2005 the most precious moment of my life was put into my hands. I held a six pound eight ounce baby boy and named him Trenton Luke.

Since the day he was born he ruled my life. Through the good times and the bad we stuck together like peas in a pod. There wasn't a moment that we were apart in the first year of his life and rarely was he out of my sight until two years ago. If I had my choice I would never let go of his hand. I would squeeze it assuredly as we walked the path of life. I would take away every fear. I will keep him close by my side and protect him. I will teach him to stand tall and teach him when to walk away. I will nourish him with the beauty of life. I will teach him the value of life. I will applaud him for every achievement and be there for every heartbreak.

There is nothing I wouldn't do for this child handed to me on Tuesday August 30, 2005 at 8:41 pm. When I looked into his eyes I saw my purpose in life. I am his teacher, his friend, and most importantly, I am his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment