Monday, August 9, 2010

The Dream I Dream

I stand on the riverbank and chip in the rock I've been holding in my hand. It skips across the water creating tiny ripples along it's path. I watch, though I don't pay close attention. I have much on my mind.

This is the first time I had ever wondered about my future. And I am afraid. Afraid of what happens right after high school. I don't have a plan or a college picked out. I have two jobs just to make rent and pay the utilities. Honestly, I have no desire to go to college because I cannot afford it. My ability to achieve that dream career would cost me a fortune and I have no parents to help me out.

My life feels wasted and I'm only eighteen. I don't want to be married with children, I want to soar like the eagle. I want to run away to Paris and freelance while taking scenic memorable photos. But this will never happen for me. I am stuck in a rut on this rock out in the Midwest.

If only I could make myself believe that anything is possible. If only I could find the faith and determination to make this dream come to life...

Here I am now, thirty-five and typing on a blog site. Today I am determined to make this dream happen. Today I have found the faith in my ability to write as I have wanted my entire life. Today everything is possible if I put forth the effort.

Today is my day to shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment