Friday, August 27, 2010

Busy Little Bee

As I type away in silence I hear the scuttle of my little boy in his room. I pray silently that I have five more minutes before I have to stop writing. I am in a groove and it's very hard to break that roll of the mind.

"Mommy, come here," his soft little voice calls out. I hurriedly finish my thought and stop in a place that is easy to pick back up and head into his room.

"Good Morning, bubby," I say and walk over to his bed. I open my arms and gather him up. For the first time in a long time he lets go quickly and says look how organized my bed is!"

I laugh. My eyes shift over to the stuffed animals neatly lined up against the back of his bed. The sheets and blankets are piled next to his pillow and the center is bare. "Wow, bubby. It looks great! Should we fold the sheets to make it look even nicer?"
He nods and I fold them. He neatly lays them along the side of his bed and his smile is as wide as it could ever be. Then he says "Mommy look at my room. Look how clean it is," and gives me that satisfied look I love to see. I nod and smile then open my arms. He climbs into them and I tell him, "you have been a busy little bee this morning. Your room looks fabulous."

"Yeah, now keep Caeli out so it won't get messed up while I am at school." I squeeze him a little tighter and laugh.
"I will make sure she doesn't play in your room." I shut his door on our way to the kitchen for a morning breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment