Monday, August 16, 2010

Isn't Life Entertaining...

This weekend's events were quite entertaining for little ole me.

Saturday around midnight I had hot and cold flashes until four a.m. and then my stomach took a miserable turn for the worse. Yes the porcelain God became my friend. I had wondered what it could be. Maybe the slice of apple pie that I had around 11 wasn't such a good idea. It did have a funny taste, I just thought it's because I didn't make it. Could it be a viral bug? Those have been floating around as well.

I crawled back in bed, feeling slightly better and drifted to sleep. When I woke at eight o'clock, I didn't feel much better. My head was pounding and my son was relentless, banging on the noisiest toys and screaming. I couldn't move and had no energy to try to control him.
He looked at me and said "Mommy, what's wrong?"
"Mommy isn't feeling the best, why don't we watch television."
He nodded, disappeared up the stairs. When he came back down he had a bottle of lemon lime Gatorade and handed it to me. I thanked him and we settled in for a day of cartoons. I slept throughout the day, and found I could move a little more around lunch time. I just couldn't wait for three o'clock. That is when my son would have daddy time, not that I wanted him to go. But I was in no shape to play with him.

The doorbell rings at three and I'm a total mess. I help gather stuff for my son and kiss him on the cheek. My son's daddy looks at me curiously. I tell him, I think the apple pie was bad and he nods.

They get in the truck and I curl back up on the couch, thinking sleep is my best friend. I hear my phone and check the text that comes through from my son's daddy.
It reads: Is there something you need to tell me?
I reply: Like what?

The story unfolds as this... my son saw me playing on my computer and saw a picture of me and my new beau. He asked who it was and I told him his name flipped the picture. The next picture was me in a cowboy hat.
He says "Mommy you look very pretty where are you?" and I tell him. "Mommy I wanna go to that place in the mall." I laugh. He's not old enough to be in that place until he's 21.

So the scenario is: Daddy I saw mommy kissing Joe Bob at the country club or drum roll... Are you pregnant? HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment