Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Inspirational Writing

Have you ever wondered how a writer came up with such a compelling scene that left you sitting on the edge of your couch unable to refrain from flipping page after page?

As I new writer, I will tell you my little secret. I have experienced a life filled with traumatic experiences and have stood strong or blind at times during them. Almost all of my incidents have some meaning of something I have seen, felt, or been caught in the middle.

When I say this, it doesn't mean that I have experienced every nightmare or passion I have created, but that something sparked within me to get my words flowing on paper. Or more accurately, typed into a word processor from my notebook computer.

I am a very deep woman who lays her feelings out with every stroke of the key. It is the one place I find refuge. The one place I can open up and let my heart soar and my mind create it's magic.

When I look back at my writing most of the time, I am surprised at the monster I created or the hero I now dream of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment