Monday, August 23, 2010

Back To School

The muggy air is not comforting as I walk up the sidewalk to the school. A fresh year, a new school. My son is anxious yet terrified. But, his independence keeps him under control. I too am worried about the long day in this new environment. We are no longer attending a preschool but an Elementary School. There is no longer a school of twenty-four students but kindergarten alone has seventy-five students divided into five classrooms. It was a hard decision to send him because he is a young five year old this kindergarten year.
I hold a positive view for my handsome young boy. I know I will do whatever it takes to appease him, yet at the same time, I will push him to succeed.

I arrive midday to join him for lunch and watch him walk into the gym. He doesn't see me and he is smiling and doing as he is supposed to. I am surprised to see that he is the tallest of the kindergarten class. He turns his head in my direction and his eyes light up.
"That's my mom," he shouts out and smiles brightly.
He tells me of his adventures throughout the morning and I know he will be fine. As a matter of fact I know he will do great because he loves a challenge just like his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment