Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Peachy Adventure

It's the middle of August and a week before school starts when our group decides to visit a local Peach Farm. We choose August, knowing it's going to be a very hot morning but at the same time, that is when the peaches are ready for the picking.

I wake up at four in the morning hearing the thunder booming and jump up to look out the window to see rain pouring down. My heart saddens. I really wanted to go to the peach farm and take the tour. I wanted to step outside my box, and experience something new in my life. I crawl back in bed with a silent prayer and fall fast asleep.

I wake and the rain is letting up, but the yard is muddy where grass hasn't grown yet. I just know we are not going. Then I get the text, Peach Farm is still a go. "Yippee," I shout and rush to get my son and I ready.

Riding along with friends, we laugh and talk about the craziness of going to the farm. One second, it's pouring. Next second, not a single drop. When we arrive, the ground is muddy but we dressed for the occasion.

The tour begins with twenty plus women and children and we venture to look at the peaches. I am not normally fond of peaches but I found a tree that was so lusciously ripe and sweet, that I couldn't stop filling up my bucket and eating a few as well.

It was a cold and misty day, but the friendship and laughter kept us warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment