Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fangtasia Night


Last night I ventured out to Fangtasia night at the Shadow. I couldn't believe how much work they put into that place for a chilling thrilling weekend. I only wish I saw more vampires! Every room, every inch was decorated, from dripping wax candles and black rose centerpieces to spider webs, even having true blood on tap. Oh, that was yummy! O negative was just my flavor. They had Shadow dancers as well.
I had seen so many wonderful costumes including the Oxy man. I had to have a picture with every awesome costume. I know Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze Chip N Dales (Saturday Night Live skit) were there. Also, I believe it was the bounty hunter, not to mention Brett Michaels and Slash, a couple of vixens, plus a taco. Yes, A taco arrived with a man dressed in a pancho and sombrero. Also, a jayhawk fan in his pajamas. A couple of escapees and a police officer. Too bad no fire fighters. I was a flapper, Clara Bow. Should I be proud of that? Why sure, it's not like I truely am her. The rumors about her are quite interesting.
My short red dress with it's sequenced belt, was a hit. I love props, so of course I made sure to get the long cigarette holder and carry around a drink all night. Though it was hard at times, those long black gloves were quite slick. I also had a red headband and a feather for my hair. Why stop there, right? I wrapped my hair in a bun on my left side and left a few curly strands loose on the right. My shoes were thick closed toe black heels about three inches or so. The most exciting part, I played the role. It was stimulating to turn the tables and flirt with those fun guys. I believe I may have made an impression last evening. I am still bummed that I didn't see any vampire costumes. Maybe everyone thought there would be too many. Hmm... maybe tonight I might see a vamp or two.
What's great about dressing up? When I go back on a Thursday night for dancing, they more than likely won't recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment