Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Toast To Friendship

A life without friends is no life at all.

I have the best friends ever. No matter what crazy foolish mess I get myself into, they pick me up and tell it to me straight. I've been scolded a few times and I lower my head in shame. Though I do not regret my foolishness, I understand that I shouldn't be acting that way. I feel like such a rebellious teen right now and that's really not who I'm trying to be. I have been in limbo for the last seventeen years. With my recent change, I think I've just started where I left off. Oh goodness, that's not where I want to be either.

I am in my mid thirties, but I am told over and over again, that I do not look or act it. No matter where I go, I meet mid to early twenties, not later twenties. So of course immaturity plays on their side. I love seeing how carefree they are and I want to be free. What I am just now realizing is that I am totally free and I am living my life. I like it! It's adventurous. To be able to do almost anything I want is amazing. I say this because I spent so many years asking permission. I never really had a voice even though I used it. Now I am able to make choices that I've always wanted to make. Like buying a new sofa or dying my hair red. Even better, getting a tattoo! I did that. I am rather shocked I did it, but hey... it was totally worth it. Did I get scolded? No. My friends are not judgemental. Thank goodness! But they did say... Are you sure? Did you think this through? You know it's permanent, right? Well, you know my answer.

The greatest thing about my friends; they have been here for me through all my madness and have been that shoulder I needed to cry on. They offer to take me out clubbing so I can dance. They check on me too much then again not enough. They have given me advice I could use and tell me what is not appropriate. They tell me they love me and that I am welcome in their home. That there is the most important thing for me to hear. Hearing someone say I love you and mean it, is a wonderful and warm feeling.

A toast to my true BFF's. I love you gals!

1 comment: