Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Printer Nightmare

Nothing like walking down into your basement and turning on the computer for the first time in a few days, to see a Trojan virus. I had never had this happen before and though it tore me up, I let it go. What would it solve for me to become angry. Right?
Well, I lost many, many pictures of my precious bubby, all the work I had done for the tax return, and many other important documents. I thought maybe it's a sign. A fresh start and a new beginning. I plugged in a different computer and we were online again. Luckily, with a stronger security system.

Tonight however, my irritation rose to an inferno that could barely be tamed. I know my way around computers and networking. After all, I had been playing in them for the last ten years.

I couldn't believe how complicated it was to print a document.

When I had changed out computers, I couldn't find any of my operating discs. So I thought, hmm... Plug and Play. Nope. Then I tried to download the driver, but the security setting wouldn't allow it. I gave up and connected the printer that came along with the computer. I knelt down pulling the computer out as far as it could go lightly hitting my head underneath the desk. I shrugged it off and began searching for the usb port on this computer. My cell phone rang. So, me being Mrs Talented, grabbed my cell phone, answered it and tried to get back behind the computer to look again. I reached around finding the usb's location, and my phone started to slip. I caught it, banging my temple on the corner of the desk, in the process. Ouch. I hung up the phone slightly irritated and plugged in the printer. Bam... I can print. Yea!

I downloaded my next assignment and wouldn't you know it, another brick wall. The software wouldn't open with any program on this empty computer. So, I decided let's just network them again. I spent a good thirty minutes trying to figure why it wouldn't jump on board. Only to find out the computer's had the same name. Whew. That was easy. Can't believe it took me thirty minutes to realize that. Geez. So now we're networked. But I still can't print. My laptop that I dearly loved didn't have the print driver. Guess what! No disc either. But I am more than determined to get this connected now. I've spent my whole evening working on it thus far. So I successfully downloaded the print driver and now I can print my assignment.
And then... it ran out of ink. HAHA!

Good night, I say. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment