Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Love

As I stand in the kitchen with a spatula in hand, cooking the omelet for our valentines meal, I hear the quiet groggy voice of my handsome four year old son. He walks into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and smiles at me.
"Mommy, is today Valentines Day?"
I scoop him up into my arms and answer, "Yes, my bubby it is. Happy Valentines Day. I love you" I kiss him on the cheek and he wraps his arms around my neck.
"I love you more," he says, kissing my cheek.
I giggle and reply, "Well, I love you to infinity."
"I love you to infinity and beyond."
I look at him amazed at his quick response and hug him tight. My little bubby is grown up too fast.
"Oh mommy I have an idea." He wiggles, ready to jump out of my arms, and I release him. He runs into his room and grabs his teddy bear blanket, he received his first Christmas, and starts laying it on the floor. "A picnic mommy."
Our omelets are cooling on the plate, our juice is poured and I help him straighten out the blanket.
A moment's idea sparked in my mind and I grabbed the plastic flutes from New Years Eve. I fill them with apple juice and set them on our blanket.
"Cheer's bubby to our special day," I said raising the flute.
"To mommy and bubby's day," he shouts out happily. Our flutes touch and we take a sip. Our picnic is now in full swing and we laugh and giggle seizing the moment.
The most precious moments are the ones we create with our little ones.
Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment