Saturday, July 17, 2010

Breaking Habit

While enjoying a hot and sweaty session of cardio craze at the gym, the instructor says, "Here's the song that gives you a goal. Name one thing that you would like to change (habit-wise) and do it right now."

So here's one thing I'm motivated to change: FEAR to commit.

I'm not talking relationships, but in my studies and getting my life organized. Once upon a time life was simple or more accurately controlled. I knew what I had to do the moment I woke up. I had structure. Now I have chaos. I lost control a year ago when I had to settle into a major change and since then I have struggled to find the happy medium. My goal is to get back into the normal grind.

As far as studies, I need to reach for the sky. I will never accomplish anything if I don't overcome the fear of rejection. How would I know if it's good if I don't throw myself into the lion's den? I am motivated but am afraid to commit a hundred percent. I am afraid to fail, yet I am failing because I haven't tried.

So here's to overcoming the Fear to Commit!

P.S. Soon I will work on the fear to commit into a relationship... soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment