Thursday, July 15, 2010

Coffee in the Morning

I pour the coffee into my favorite mug, the one that says I'm having a nice day don't screw it up, and grab a cranberry scone. I open the door and walk out onto the deck and sit in my chaise lounge chair and take a sip. The breeze sweeps through my hair and I close my eyes, smiling. I can only think of one thing that I want to do right now. I want to dream of what tomorrow could bring. What will flow onto the paper the next time I write? Ah... it depends on my mood at this very moment. Romance found a way into my thoughts. I have an idea, one that could bring my words to life. I try to develop my thoughts without moving but I have to get up and grab my notebook. I scribble quickly as the images are vivid in my mind. The story unfolds and I am pleased with the rough draft. The notebook now lays in my lap and I grab the coffee mug and listen to the wind in the trees once again, sipping my morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment