Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hide and Seek

The sun came down on us with a vengeance as we played a game of hide and seek. I knew mom would be back from the store shortly and I could go in to the ice cold air conditioning and help her put away the groceries. Helping out in the kitchen put a smile on my face as I ran and hid behind the shed. I peeked around the corner and saw my little sister bopping along in my direction, looking from one side to another. I snickered at the silly smile on her face and waited for her to decide which way she would go around the shed. She came straight for me and I tip toed quickly to the other side of the shed and managed to slink away without her seeing me. I made a mad dash across the yard and I heard her yell “hey.” I laughed and looked over my shoulder. She folded her arms and sat down on the ground.
“I’m not playing anymore.”
Guilt began to smother me and I stopped running. I turned around and walked over to her. She looked at me and threw out her hand hitting my arm. “Gotcha!”
That sly little smile crossed over her face and I rolled my eyes. “Good one, sis.”

I heard the car pull up and ran around front with my sister on my heels, both of us laughing. Mother smiled at us and we helped her carry in the groceries, with my little sister bragging about her manipulative move to tag me.

No comments:

Post a Comment