Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bridesmaid Selection

The toughest part of planning a wedding, is picking the bridal party. Particularly the bridesmaids. I never realized how tough this would be until I sat down to decide. I have quite a few close friends and then I have friends that have been dear to me for years that I rarely speak with. Not to mention my beautiful sisters.

So how do you choose? For me, I chose who I have been closest to. Who knows me inside and out. But to announce this select group was not easy for some to handle. To make things worse, they may never speak to me again. What does that say about them? Maybe they weren't true friends to begin with. This decision didn't come easy, yet it did. Each of my bridesmaids represent something meaningful and special for more than just me. They represent a group of special friends who mean the world to me.

Let's start with my maid of honor, or matron of honor. My sister whom I spent an entire life with. Through our many fights growing up to the exciting moments of sharing pregnancy together and our strong friendship that has lasted over our lifetime as siblings. She's the one who knows me inside and has always been there for me as I am always there for her. So many times we have fought struggles together and so many more to come. I love my sister and would do anything to keep her laughing. But I will also be that shoulder she needs to cry on, no matter the hour.
She represents my sisters as well as our family.

Then next to her is the truest of friends who has never been judgmental and has always listened to me pour my heart out. She is the shoulder I have cried many times on and the one I have shared my deepest thoughts and dreams with. This is not one-sided by far, she too confides in me. I was a train wreck when we first began our adventure together and it's funny how much I've grown up since the beginning of our friendship. She is the most selfless person I have ever met and I tend to think the easiest person in the world to talk to about anything. That's what we did quite often. Talk and Rock band. We would play dress up and sing the night away almost every Saturday night. There were also long serious talks between us during our playtime together. We dreamed together and she helped me focus on my writing. She helped me set up this very blogsite.
Then, I found myself ready to explore a country world. (Not anywhere near her favorite place to be, though I tried to get her to come out.) I love her and I would do anything for her. Anything and anytime.
She represents my closest of friends I met in a very wonderful moms group. A group of the most caring and fun gals who I miss dearly. I am hoping that one day life will slow down just a tad so we can all get together again.

Next is my country world friend of dancing the night away. She is the one who introduced me to my beau. She is the one who has a very parallel life to mine. All of the stages and similarities in our lives is incredible. How can two people have so much in common? This built and strengthened our friendship into what it is today. She is the one who I had to drag out to dance the night away. We learned how to two-step together and learned to line dance. I even taught her how to eye flirt! Haha! Well, look at her now! She is having the time of her life with the man of her dreams. She claims if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have met him. What a cliche. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have met the man who swept me off my feet (which works with her man). I am so happy for her new found happiness and she too is one I will be there for all the way until the end of time.
She represents my line dancin', two-steppin' friends and is so important to the bridesmaid package since she introduced me to that urban cowboy I am engaged to.

So who accompanies these gals? Let's see My sister, his brother. My best friend, his best friend. And last but not least, the two who helped us find each other and watched as the stars aligned perfectly. The two who introduced us to our forever journey of never ending happiness.

Thank you gals for being the most wonderful, and heart warming gals a gal could ever ask for. I am honored that you would be a part of the bridal party. I am excited to have you as my bridesmaids and I can't wait until we can go and explore the wedding world together! Watch out world, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment