Thursday, January 7, 2010

gymtime

I walk into the gym with my head held high, ready to jump on the elliptical machine, waiting for my friend to arrive. My legs hurt as I try to get them started, wishing I hadn't even began. As I continue it gets easier, my legs are warming up and I find myself adding more resistance. I look out the window, at the parking lot, watching out for my friend, as I listen to the morning news. Another brisk day lay ahead and I shiver just thinking about it. I am not one for the cold, I would much rather be the hibernating bear. My mind wanders off into adventures of vampires, creating another idea to add to my series. Yes, I wake up thinking about vampires and it continues around the clock and into my dreams.
I see a coat fall onto the floor, I jump slightly, giggling, my workout buddy has arrived. We catch up on the events of the night before and plan out the day that lies ahead of us. Sometimes a bit of venting, but normally I'm just throwing ideas out about the books or my writing assignments. Poor girl has to listen to me fall into a world of make-believe, as if I were still in grade school, yet the hour passes quickly. I am heated and perspiring, elated to be finished, dreaming of nothing but a shower as we walk towards the doors, agreeing to meet for lunch.

Going to the gym is never a challenge for me. I love feeling alert, awake and ready to tackle the day with a positive outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment