Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Night of Dancing

After a long drawn out day of sorrow and acknowledgement of the definite truth, I realize it's time to unwind and get lost in an evening filled with music. I look in the mirror and nod with satisfaction, a devious smile crosses over my lips, as I take in my appearance. My makeup is applied delicately, enhancing my deep blue mesmerizing eyes. My long auburn hair is full of loose curls and I am wearing a strapless blue, gray, and white tie-dyed shirt with my tight fitted dark jeans, and a pair of black four inch heels.
I open the door and inhale the crisp evening air, closing my eyes for a brief moment, and then walk tall towards my car. Once inside, I crank up the music, singing loud, anxious to reach my destination; the club. A short journey later, I open the door to the club and hear the strumming of the guitar, the band is gearing up to play. A fog near the stage intensifies my mood and I see my group of friends. Along the way, I am roped to the side of my favorite strawberry blond, green eyed bartender. His muscular arms hold onto me, while telling me hello, trying to hold my attention. Tonight, was not his night. With quick understanding, he tells me to have a great night. I admit that was one desirable strong hug, and I can feel the warmth of his breath on my neck, a light touch of his lips against my cheek, and then he releases me. I smile coyly, biting my lip, meeting his gaze for just a moment, as I look back over my shoulder, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks as I saunter towards my friends, twirling a strand of my hair.
I am halfway to the stage, standing next to my friends, exchanging hellos, how ya doin', it's been too long, etc. I lean into the bar, shouting rum and seven at the rugged dark haired dark eyed bartender. I feel a presence very close to me, and the violent strumming on the guitar strings begin. I close my eyes and smile as the band begins to play, the music flowing deep into my bones. I am ready to rock. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a very bright shirt. My eyes light up as I turn to see my favorite guitarist. He winks at me with a devious smile, and I turn away, giggling, like a lovestruck teenager, as he serenades me with his guitar. I turn back around and he's still there. I raise my head slightly, smiling provocatively at him as he walks towards me. My heart is racing as he approaches. "How ya doin'?" he asks in his Tony Soprano imitation, I can hardly breathe. I manage to respond, "I'm doin'." A confident nod from me, as I stick my thumbs in my pockets, leaning back slightly, giving him the sexy eye. He grins from ear to ear, watching me as he walks toward the stage, showing off a bit, but I like it. I dance with my friends, intoxicated with a dream, mixed with alcohol.
It's time for their break, I turn to see him walking in my direction and I wait anxiously. He takes my hand and pulls me onto the dance floor as Silent Lucidity begins to play and wraps his arms around my waist as I reach my hands up and around his neck. My fingers are now playing with the hair on the nape of his neck, as we talk about nothing, laughing as we dance. He dares me to go on stage, and I shake my head no. "Come on," he says looking into my eyes. My eyes travel down to look at his thick luscious lips, yearning to kiss them, but I resist. I shrug my shoulders and the song ends. I run back to my group, ready for more dancing.
I am not a bold person, usually but a dare is a dare and when the band came back on I contemplated for a moment, looking at him, and he nods. If it weren't for the liquid courage, I never would have done it. But it was exhilarating. I dance behind him, a rush of adrenaline pumping hard and I concentrate on only the music. He leans back towards me and says "I like you up here." I smile. I feel the cords under my heels, and I grab onto his arm, worried I may fall or unplug the equipment.
When I leave the stage, my friends are ecstatic and in denial that I had done it. I know the story shouldn't end here, but it does. I winked at him on my way out the door, not willing to risk him sweeping me off my feet any further, ready to relax into a cozy dream of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment