Friday, January 15, 2010

Salsa Nightmare

It was turning dark, when four year old Trenton and I began leaving the basketball court and walking home. As it became darker I realized we were being followed by two hispanic guys. One broad the other looked tiny compared to him yet they were both taller then I. We walked quickly making it to the garage and instead of shutting my garage, I invited danger in. I began cleaning out the garage and throwing the trash out in the dumpster when they walked up. I pulled Trenton behind me as the larger one moved forwward swinging his arm. I noticed something shiny in his hand but couldn't be sure what it was. My first thought was that it was a gun. I took a step back towards the door and then he held up a tupperware dish filled with salsa. His angry eyes bore into me as he peeled off the lid and began separating the jalepenos from the the salsa and dumping them onto the ground. I reached forward and yelled NO!

And then I woke up. Hmmm... I didn't realize the loss of my mother's homemade salsa could be so devasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment