Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Kiddy Moment

I pulled up the drive so excited to see my son, waving anxiously at him. I hadn't seen him all weekend and my heart swelled when he smiled at me. He saw me and jumped up and down, pointing at me. I couldn't hear him, but I knew what he was saying, "That's my mommy, my mommy's here." I put my hand on my heart. It touched me deeply. The teacher walked him to the the car, holding his hand. His heavy coat, a bit too big, and his backpack was more than likely weighted with clothing for me to wash. He waved, looked up at the teacher, repeating "my mommy's here" Then he tripped, falling to the ground almost pulling the teacher with him. I looked up over the steering wheel from my seat worriedly and he bounced back up. When the teacher opened the door, she said "well that's one heavy backpack Trenton."
His response: "Mommy guess what! I have your grinder. I took it from dad's." My cheeks burned and I laughed nervously. "Thanks hon." I smiled at his teacher whose expression was classic. She shut the door looking back at me in amazement. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment