Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning

It was three in the morning when I heard my little four year old rustling around in his bed. I began praying, please no please let him go back to sleep. Too late. Thump thump thump and down his slide he went. I listened as I heard him sigh loudly in the hallway and then my favorite words came out of his mouth. "Santa turned the lights back on?" He walked towards the living room as I struggled to get out of bed, throwing on my robe and met him by the dinette table, he beamed as he saw his stocking and noticed the plate of cookies empty and then he said it... "Well where's my DS?" Oh my, I thought. Over confident about that one gift he told everyone about. I wanted to burst into laughter, yet I held back and pointed to the Christmas tree. He didn't see it at first and then, he drew in a breath as he reached out and picked up his DS, which is actually his leapster LMAX. But he does believe it is a DS and who am I to tell him any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment