Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

The night before Christmas and all through the house, only I am still stirring, thank goodness for no mouse...

Merry Christmas and have a jovial start to the blizzardy morning ahead.
I cannot wait to hear the words my excited four year old will say when he sees the gift from Santa. He is worried about coal in the stocking after his behavior this last week. Tonight, he did everything he was supposed to in hopes Santa would notice, and notice he did.
If only I could have something to use everyday to get him to brush his teeth, eat all of his dinner, clean up the mess at the end of the day, and share his toys. He did all that plus more this evening, including listening to an email from Santa on his portable north pole connection (PNP). I enjoyed reading The Night Before Christmas, as it's one of my favorites and laughed as he dove into his bed. So excited, he couldn't sleep at first, though he was tired from all the playing with his cousin in the afternoon. He did fall asleep quite quickly, and will probably crawl into my bed here in an hour. I relished in television as I dreamily watched Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye in White Christmas, my all time favorite Christmas movie. Now off to bed so I can make biscuits and gravy and yummy scramble eggs for my family in the early hours and open up some Christmas gifts! I want nothing yet can't wait to see what I got... such a hypocrite I am... hee hee

I really meant to write just a short Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night, but I found myself yet again rambling on about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment