Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Dairy Farm Experience

A day at the dairy farm with one hundred Kindergartners is a day full of memories to be made. The excitement of running out into the pumpkin patch and picking out a pumpkin. The thrill of riding on the wagon behind the tractor. Making silly faces while sticking heads into the wooden cutouts. Petting cows, goats, pigs, chicks, bunnies and chasing roosters, chickens and ducks. Bottle feeding a calf was also a big hit. They laughed amongst friends and constantly hugged the teachers and parents while telling a wild adventure they just experienced.

The day was cold but their happy little faces kept me warm. I love helping and encouraging these boys and girls. It's the love I received back that blew me away.

On the bus ride back to the school one precious little boy fell asleep on my lap and my son lay against him and fell asleep as well.
These boys and girls make my heart warm even in the coldest weather. How could we ever miss out on opportunities like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment