Friday, November 12, 2010

The Draw of the Spider

Sitting on the floor of my dining room, I continued to wipe off the wet grout that was on the tiles. I saw something move from the corner of my eye and I turned to see what it was. A spider. It wasn't a tiny spider but it wasn't a daddy long legs either. My guess is the belly was the size of two peas. It looked pretty hairy from what I could see and I wondered if it was a wolf spider. I looked in the corner and saw a pair of tennis shoes and the broom. I grabbed a shoe as the spider sat about 4 feet from me. I grabbed the second shoe and prepared myself to kill it. It hadn't moved the entire time of my plotting. I threw the first shoe and missed the spider. It stretched up on it's eight legs and I swore it showed me it's fangs as it darted right for me. I screamed and threw the second shoe and missed. I stood up as the spider still ran my way and I grabbed the broom and began slamming it down on the spider, screaming from the top of my lungs with every hit. After four strikes it wasn't moving. I laughed a trembling laugh as my heart beat hard in my chest.

"I got you," I said as I stood catching my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment