Friday, November 5, 2010

A Super Star Moment

I never realized the impression I make on the children in the elementary school I work. I tease them constantly when they hand me their bag of apples they need opened.
I say "Oh thank you. I am so hungry." and walk away with a smile.
"Hey! Those are my apples!" and I laugh and hand them back opened and ready to eat. They laugh and now they tease back.

With Halloween around the corner each child wants to tell me what they are going to be. They want hugs and to just chat. When we go out on recess they beg for me to play tag or football or just walk with me and tell me things that excite them. These children make me enjoy what I do.

Now that I have deviated from my original post, it's time to focus.

I walked into Village Inn with my boyfriend for a scrumptious breakfast dinner when I heard a little boy say "She works at my school in the lunch room!" I turned to see this first grader with wide eyes and jumping up and down excitedly. I felt like a superstar at that moment.
I smiled and introduced myself to his father. I asked him for his name and told him to make sure he told me Hi in the lunchroom. He is now one of my favorite tag buddies at recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment