Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Eating

What can I truly say about holidays in the winter? Be prepared to settle in for extra pounds. Me, I love food. I love cooking for crowds and I absolutely love it when I am requested to make certain dishes. However, most of the requests are desserts. This thanksgiving I made the traditional Red Astoria Cake, along with bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and a very tasty chicken buffalo dip.

As I sit enjoying the football game settling my overstuffed belly, my aunt says to me. "Leanna, what's wrong with you?" and laughs. I am completely confused. Then she teases, "Scott made me come over here and get a piece of your pecan pie."

OMG! I forgot about the special request I receive from my uncle every year. The only dessert I ever see him eat is pecan pie. I had promised to always make it and now... I let him down. Haha!

Well dear uncle, be prepared. Pecan pie is on the menu for Christmas just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment