Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adjusting to Marriage

It's been two and a half weeks since we said our vows and it still feels unreal. On occasion when speaking of my husband, I pause before I say "husband". A tingling feeling rises in my chest and I cannot help but smile. We've been together almost two years now. Adjusting from boyfriend to fiancee to husband has been interesting. How funny just a change in one's status can feel very different, almost weird.Yet every time someone says to me, "your husband" or he calls me his wife or uses my new name, I giggle. It's amazing how at ease I feel after signing a piece of paper and saying "I do."

As far as being married, it's nice to finally relax and not worry about all the planning for a wedding. Now we can snuggle up in each others arms watching television while enjoying a yummy ice cold treat or bowl of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment