Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Road To Success

The road to success is only successful if you try to succeed. In other words, success isn't going to fall into your lap. You have to throw yourself into the lion's den and find a way to survive. Nothing is free or comes cheap without a significant loss in the end. Hard work is the only way to achieve your goals.

For me, it's publishing my novels. I have spent thirty days drafting, two years in creative writing courses while revising my manuscript, and a year ago researching publishing companies. Now the big finish... this last year, I have one nothing. Nothing. NOTHING!

It's amazing the excuses one can make to avoid rejection. Success doesn't come from sitting around hoping. Success is hard work. There are no excuses for waiting until the right time. It's always the right time. For me the right time began three years ago and is still waiting on me.

So don't be like me and become a couch potato waiting for an opportunity to fall into your lap. Go out and seize your success. My adventure began three years ago. Today it's time to take another positive step towards the dream. And I already have. The query is ready and the research continues. A list of agents already in hand and out in the mail will go the submissions. Now we're heading towards the road to success...

No comments:

Post a Comment