Friday, June 22, 2012


Another piece of mail came bearing my new last name. Every day for the last two weeks, letters and statements have come in with the name change. I'm sure there's another week before it will be completely changed. Every important change, like driver's license, social security and employment records, had finalized today. Staring at that new name felt strange. A bit of sadness washed over me as I thought of my last name, that I clung on to for more than 30 years, disappearing into the vault. But at the same moment I felt that sadness, a new jubilant feeling crept into my heart. Somebody asked for my hand in marriage and promised to love me for years to come. I, in return, made the same promise that I will keep forever. I became somebody's wife and gained an amazing husband.
I am proud to say that I am married to my lover, my soul mate, my best friend, my husband.






No comments:

Post a Comment