Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wedding Day Dreaming






"Every little girl has dreamed of their wedding day," my fiancee explained. "It's your day, don't let anyone take your dream away."

As he says this smiling brightly, I nod smiling a little unsure. I never dreamed of my wedding day. Never had the thought that I would marry. All that I wanted throughout my young life was a business. Planning social gatherings for business meetings or family and friends was something I rather enjoyed. But a wedding? How... Where... What... Oh my. I had no idea how to even get an idea of what I could possibly want. All that mattered to me was becoming his wife. But funny enough, I dreamed of marrying him. But most details never made it into that daydream.

A vision of my cowboy standing at the alter in his tuxedo and boots grinning from ear to ear. Hands folded in front holding his hat as I rode towards him in a soft white flowing dress on horseback with my legs draped over the side and no shoes. My curly hair blows in the light breeze and my smile is just as wide as his. After a quick sweet ceremony, we ride away and watch the sun set while I snuggle back into his loving arms.

That was as far as my vision had taken me over a year ago. No more thought about it until... he proposed. My mind went blank. How do I plan a wedding that I never imagined I would have? Where do I begin to figure out what I need? What was I thinking when I agreed to have a wedding rather than elope? Oh my, what have I gotten myself into.

One thing I knew for certain, my father would walk me down the aisle. Even though he lives over twenty-four driving hours away, he had to be the one to give me away to the man who captured my heart. My father had to meet the cowboy I spoke about all the time. It had been a long time since I had seen my father and I anxiously awaited for his arrival. We had lots of catching up to do. Sadly, time was against us. Though he was here for almost a week I barely had the opportunity to visit. The week before a wedding can keep a person very busy.


Okay... breathe... first thing's first. A dress. Something that truly shows who I am. I found it before I could blink my eyes. It was me, or a part of me. And I said Yes to the first dress I tried on. It was so heavy and I could hardly breathe. But it was so beautiful and made of silk with rhinestones that accented the gown all around the dress. It was breathtaking and truly a diva dress. But of course I had to try a few more just to be sure. Why not? It's only been a few minutes and trying on heavy hot dresses is a lot of fun. Right? After three dresses, I wanted to be done. The wonderful Mya at Dress Gallery insisted I try on a couple more that were no longer going to be available. So another and another and still I was dead set on the first dress. Until... the very last dress. It was light and taking a breath was easy. I walked up to the mirror sure to say no and then I looked. I stood speechless. Tears slid down my cheeks. I giggled. It was the dress. Not flashy, not full, not heavy, not silk, not jeweled out like the first one. This one represented the other side of me. This is the romantic dress I envisioned over a year ago. It was truly my deeper inner self beaming out of me at that moment.

The groom chose a long tail coat with a marine vest along with black wrangler jeans and black boots. He was so handsome, so gorgeous, so ahhh... hee hee. He took my breath away. He looked exactly how I imagined.

Colors and flowers bring out the most in a person. And so choosing flowers and colors was the easiest decision to make. Orange is my favorite color and is so vibrant. It speaks loudly and is so full of energy and life. Like me! Ryan's favorite color is blue so we chose the marine blue. It represents romance and passion. Bring the two together and it's an exciting contrast that compliment each other full of love and happiness along with energy and fiery passion. Like our love for each other.

The flowers were chosen in the same way. Calla Lily is my favorite flower and Ryan always buys me roses. White Calla Lillies and Blue Roses plus the very complimentary Orange Tiger or Star Gazer Lillies were a must for my bouquet.




 For the reception tables a wild flower mix felt perfect with the rustic barn that we chose. Gerber Daisies and Delphinium along with some Anne's Lace.



  The bridesmaids wore a very beautiful shimmery marine blue medieval style dress. They needed orange Gerber daisies to make it POP!
The wedding was as beautiful as I had envisioned it. Our wonderful friends and family filled the yard while I exchanged vows with my soul mate.

Two Hearts are united as One this day, May 19, 2012, to love, honor, and cherish each other from now until the end of time. Thank you Lord for letting us cross paths.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment