Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 3


My eyes are crusted with sleep and I dread getting out of this bed with the steady pitter-patter of raindrops against the window. The low rolling thunder is no help at all. It makes for a sleepy day. My alarm has been sounding louder and louder each second. I wish I didn't have to get up. Pitter-patter, pitter-patter. Yawning, I stretch my arms and legs until I shake slightly. It feels so good to stretch. I slide one leg from under the covers and I shiver. Then the next leg joins the first. I slide until my feet touch the floor and I slowly sit up. For today is Thursday. It's almost the weekend. Then I can sleep in if even for an hour longer.

The rain is falling harder and I smile. I love the rain no matter how sleepy it makes me. I love the rolling thunder and the feel of spring. It's a perfect morning to enjoy a cup of coffee in front of the fireplace and write for hours on end. When it rains so many thoughts and images rush through my mind. It's a moment of creation and the best use of my writing time.

Time has grown short just as my fingers are warmed to the keys. If only I could type the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment