Monday, January 7, 2013

Day One

Day One...

"Wake up America," I say groggily.

Getting out of bed gets harder and harder each day. Which is absurd because my day used to begin at five-thirty a.m. and I was wide-eyed and bushy-tailed. Though I'm eager to write, I just need five more minutes. Five more. Before too long it's been thirty minutes and it's time to get ready for the work day ahead. I've missed my chance at writing once again. I say this more often than not.

Why is it so tough to get out of bed? Maybe it was a good dream or an intense, action-packed, dream that left me exhausted. Or perhaps its the warm body that I am snuggled up against. Yet, isn't he supposed to be out of bed already? Oh no. He's late. He's late again. How long will his boss be understanding? We are newly weds. Well, seven months had gone by. Yet, nothing has changed with our devotion and longing to be together. That won't matter in his boss' eyes.

I am awake and rolling out of bed. My eyes are half open and I can't stop yawning as I make a cup of coffee. While the coffee brews, I power up the laptop and stare at the flashing cursor wondering what I want to write today. Nothing comes to mind, yet my mind is flooded with thoughts. Which task do I take? Do I just sit here and write aimlessly in hopes of something interesting pops into my mind? At least I am writing though it makes not a lick of sense. But how often does writing make sense? If published, more often than none. But daily blah is normal for me. Not everything in life makes sense. Nor should it. If everything in life made sense, boredom would come so quickly and time would pass slowly. The mystery of life is what keeps us going. Wondering what's in store for us each day. Whether it makes for soundless sleep or tossing and turning. Regardless of which, it's time to get going enjoy the beautiful sunny day that lies ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment