Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Today there's not much to say. I'm still in dreamland. Not that I'm sleepy, but that I had a dream of a house and a future I am eager to begin. The house was interesting with it's endless doors down a hallway that never seemed to end. The upstairs was filled with bedrooms and the basement was a replica. Disappointingly, the kitchen never came into view and that matters most alongside the amount of bedrooms the house will provide. The house seemed humungous yet average size. It was mysterious and comforting at the same time. A feel of home yet a strangeness too. Perhaps it was just an unfamiliar place to call home. Yet a place to learn to feel welcome though I felt welcome when I walked passed the threshold. The warm tones of the house filled my heart with joy. I couldn't wait to move in and unpack the boxes.  But as in dreams, there's always something strange that happens to make you wake. As I explored deep down in the basement, a group of people sat around a table discussing the purchase of the house I had wandered into. I jumped as it startled me and woke that very moment. Perhaps that's not the house in our future. Yet it gives me that thrill of looking for the future house that would be just right for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment