Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3... and I am sure by now you have a bet on how long I will last this year with blogging. (Can I wager twenty on tomorrow? Just kidding...) Oh I have a million excuses for why I end up on the couch watching television instead of blogging. Mostly, I am too distracted and too often my free moments are spent sleeping. That's why I decided to go for health factors this year (to sleep less and eat healthy so I can stay awake longer.)
Last year, I didn't really make that plan. I can say that I did publish my first book which was on my resolutions list and a huge accomplishment. Something that I always thought was more of a fantasy (like what I write) than a realistic adventure until I was determined to "get 'er done." Boy, that was... Oh wait... That was soooo last year. 
Back to this year...
I have goals again this year to complete and publish book two in my Rise of the Kingdom series, which could stall my blogs (like last year) in order to bring out another fantastic book I created in my own private world, which is now public.
Do I want to quit blogging? No. But like anything, if you get too busy, or side-tracked, or just miss a day because you need a (brain) break, then one day may turn into skipping one here and there, and then a few in a row, then missing a week or writing once a month and then oh man, how do I get myself back into blogging?
But again, that happens while trying to talk with publishers and creating an audience or promoting a novel. That can be exhausting and require some downtime. Something of which I really am trying to avoid in such long stretches.
I will say this, that if I could spend ten hours a day (yes, ten hours) writing, I would. And maybe some day (when I'm old and gray) that will happen. But for now, let's take this in small doses and see if I can keep crafting this art. After all, it's what I love best.

No comments:

Post a Comment