Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting off the New Year with a Bang!

A healthy morning of stretching and a cup of coffee (oops! It should have been water!) before I sat down in front of my computer to tell the world all of those New Years Resolutions (Which I am doing one now!) that I have chosen for myself. First and foremost comes the typical, I'm not eating junk food and I'm starting my exercise routine at the gym (again!), I'm going to organize my life and... and well yeah, we all need to do those things, RIGHT?
But what I miss most is my mornings typing away. Perhaps all those mornings I've been too lazy to get out of bed has really altered my habits. And maybe I should suck it up and get my butt out of bed like the days of old. I can sit around whining and complaining that I have a full time job that requires me to sleep and take lots of relaxing baths (which put me right to sleep), but truth be told, I love snuggling up with the hubby, who needs lots of sleep, (even when he's already left for work his pillow is still nice and warm!) especially on the weekends.
And, I have added a cute cuddly ornery little Bear (or rather Corgi) who is a lot like me! A morning person. (With the way I'm talking, you probably doubt that.) He doesn't sleep in past six a.m. most days! I lay in bed hoping he doesn't start barking because then everyone will be awake and I will have no urge to write (once I get out of bed) because my son awakes revved and ready to quiz me.
It's a typical week Monday through Friday and I can easily talk myself into getting up with the hubby (since I have to get ready for work anyway) to give myself about thirty minutes of reading. Oops! Did I say reading? Well, yeah, I've been hooked in a series... oh let's not go there... As I was saying, I get up and try to motivate myself into writing. (There, now that was honest.) It's not that I don't want to. It's just that once I start, I get lost in my own world (which is hard to get out of when you're on a roll) and then, well, I'm running behind schedule! So then I'm hurrying to get lunches packed and myself looking halfway decent (maybe now my co-workers will read this and understand why I look the way I do most days. HA!) and shove the kiddos out the door and off to school we go. A fast paced day and I'm back home to take care of little Bear and homework with my boy and dinner to make and... and... then there's eat dinner, play with the boy (unless he's playing legos), dishes, maybe laundry, put bubby to bed, play with puppy, hang with hubby, sit on couch and close eyes for just a quick second before I write/read... Whew! I'm so sleepy now (YAAAWWWNNN!).
It seems like a lot and it is, but I used to stay up writing until one in the morning and wake back up at five thirty a.m. to continue my thoughts. Sleep never matter to me before. So, now, it's time for me to put sleep aside (who needs nine to ten hours anyway? Yep, going to bed around nine-thirty and up between six-thirty and seven will get you that much!) and get back to writing! With will power it can be done! So as my resolutions begin, hopefully they continue! Perhaps, you can encourage me with your kind and wonderful words...

No comments:

Post a Comment