Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gift Making Errors

Have you ever created a specially made gift that you spent hours or even days creating and then when it came in, you realize that you've misspelled a few words and didn't catch it prior to ordering it?  What do I do now? It wasn't their mistake, but my own. I did proofread it and readjusted pictures continuously. But somehow I didn't acknowledge it consciously. To make matters worse, they were gifts to my parents! Oh no! I'm sure they will look at it and laugh and then secretly wonder why they spent any money on my education. All those creative writing and English courses (and yet I know I still have grammar issues...) I had taken really paid off!
That's why it's nice to always have a second set of eyes when you spend so many hours working without a break or in the least recheck it after you've had a break. A long break. In my defense, I was on a time crunch to make Christmas only to realize that it wasn't due to arrive until New Years! Ack!!
I'm sure my parents will be very forgiving and love that I made them a special photo book of their own. The errors just show that after all these years, I am still human... though sometimes I wonder just how human I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment