Tuesday, January 7, 2014

This morning I woke to the alarm clock, which I intentionally set one hour earlier (5:30), and my head felt as if a freight train had barreled over it. I tried to lay back down to sleep but then little Bear was already revved and ready to go. Sure, you're asking why I would choose to wake so early? Well, I thought if I woke up and got a little exercise and morning typing exercise (blogging) started, I would be able to keep up my New Year's resolutions.
Right now, I'm drinking an extra shot of espresso in my coffee and looking for Tylenol. Hopefully, tomorrow will be much easier. Then again I may choose to sleep instead and write at night (kinda think that's sounding better every second)! I'm supposed to be nocturnal anyway (because I write vampire tales).
Alright, so what's on my mind today? Well, it's cold, bitter cold, and I honestly would prefer to snuggle back in the warm sheets and heavy comforter. This weather is simply bone chilling. Walking from the car to the building, my hands felt as if Jack Frost touched them. What's worse? Walking into the classroom and ready to shed some layers of clothes. But it was greatly welcomed against the icy cold.
Just thinking about the weather outside makes me shiver and want to make hot chocolate (but it's so warm under the blanket!). After a shot of espresso, you would think I'm pumped and ready to go... But no. I'm ready for another siesta! Surely this cold will break so that I won't need to hibernate as much. Wouldn't it be nice to pass the cold icy bitter winter by hibernating as the bear does? Now, that doesn't include the holidays. We could start hibernation New Year's Day (since most probably did sleep the day away after the long New Year's Eve!) and wake up in March (provided the weather began to warm up. We would have to pay attention to the ground hog for sure!) or at least before Easter!
You are probably thinking, this definitely doesn't sound like the Lyana Jo I know. Maybe it's only just that I did wake up way too early and am still so sleepy. Ask me tomorrow and I might say, sleep? Who needs sleep? did you know that eight hours of sleep each night is a third of your lifetime? I know...right?! (There now that sounds more like me.) so imagine those who (like my husband) require more! It's hard to stay in bed on weekends, because that's the time to play and shop and relax. Why would I want to waste my weekend away with sleep? Let's just sleep throughout the week (well after work anyway) and then shop til we drop (or until we have nothing left to spend). Now there's an idea.
Okay, okay. Sleeping eight hours is essential to your diet (not like a real diet but your food intake) along with exercise to keep a healthy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment