Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Autumn

With Autumn settling in, the chill creeps into my bones. I shiver on my way to the kitchen for that morning cup of coffee to warm me inside. I ask myself why I am so excited for this almost too cool morning?

It's simple, summer and weather reaching ninety degrees is finally over. Though I am not ready for sixties, it is better than a hundred.
I love seeing the trees change colors and the leaves fall to the ground. It's almost time to rake them up and dive into them.
I love baking and warm drinks like apple cider and steamy hot chocolate. I love soups and stews and casseroles along with biscuits, muffins and fresh baked pies.
I love the smell pouring out of the chimneys. I am ready to fire mine up this very evening. But I will wait another month. I am antsy but I know my patience will pay off.

The greatest thing about fall is Halloween. I love dressing up and doing the monster mash.

This is the beginning of a great season... let's enjoy it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment