Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breathless Moment

I look up at the moonlit sky, sighing. The full moon is so close. I reach my hand out to touch it. A smile warms my face as I see the fog rising around me. I am swept up and run towards the fog. I try to breathe but it's growing thick. I laugh and spin circles around in my little white dress. I look down at the ripples that form as I twirl. Again I laugh and look up at the sky. I am getting dizzy and I know I'm going to fall. Before I hit the ground I am caught in the arms of a stranger. I scream until I realize it is you. Not a stranger but a dream. I am lost in your eyes as you pull me up into your arms. I cannot look away and neither can you. You tell me I am beautiful and a bashful smile touches my lips. I could stand here all night gazing into your dreamy eyes. You must feel the same because we have not moved from this spot in the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment