Friday, October 29, 2010

Making A Difference

I walk into the classroom, fully exhausted from the long day I had. A lack of sleep and a feeling of just throwing in the towel entered my mind. "I cannot do this," I tell myself. I am running on empty and completely lost, yet there's so much left to do. I push back my sadness because I don't want them to see me frown. I love these kindergartners. I think of them as my own sometimes.

I sit down and fill the packets meant for their parents on the week's coming events. I jump to the sound of the bell ringing and we are lining up to leave. I stand there and give them one last smile and tell them I can't wait until lunchtime to see them again. The next thing I know, each and every one of them comes up to me and hugs me tight. Goodbye miss Lyana. See you tomorrow. I love you, says one or two and I melt instantly.

I only hoped I was making a difference in their lives. What I didn't realize is the difference they made in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment