Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Plumbing Adventure

I can say that life is crazy and loves to throw a wrench in here and there, literally.

I woke up, barely able to open my eyes and slowly walked into the bathroom. I turned the knob to the sink faucet and my mouth dropped open. The water was on and the knob was in my hands. I giggle and try to put it back on. A temporary fix for now. I splash my face with the cold water and mess with the knob for a couple of minutes trying to shut off the water. Finally succeeding. I shake my head and after using the toilet, I flush it. I head to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee. After sitting down and taking a sip, I realize it's still running. I walk back in and yes, I have to jiggle the knob. Again, I shake my head.

After a cup of coffee and some computer time, I jump in the shower. Get out, dry off and wake my son. I jump at the sound of the sump pump and laugh. It is rare that I hear it. I turn on the television and my son sits down with his milk, key lime yogurt and an apple cinnamon cereal bar and watches cartoons. Again the sump pump kicks on. Very curiously, I walk into the laundry room and hear the sound of water gushing. I look at the water heater and water is flowing out swiftly. I gasp and panic. What next? I asked laughing as I make the call to the plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment