Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fading Halloween Spirit

It's Halloween, my favorite holiday to celebrate. I had several ideas for blogs, but today I cannot celebrate. I am without my son. Today, I am just not in the mood for anything fun and exciting because without him, it means nothing. Why am I feeling this way today? It's simple. I miss my son and this is something I want to share with him.

I have been struggling lately because I have heard that he is unhappy when he is not with me. That his attitude was completely different when he's not with me. He smiles less if at all. That he's always serious. This saddens me because I want him to be happy. It would be different if I only heard this from a single person. But I have heard it a lot lately. Reality sunk in when he bravely told his father that he was staying with me. I am completely torn, wondering if my decisions are correct. I am praying for the sign that tells me the right thing to do...

How can I change this so that he smiles even when he is not with me? How do I reassure him that he is the most important person in my life and that he should find happiness even though we are apart?

My heart is heavy this Halloween and my prayers are massive. Please Lord always let this little boy's heart stay warm on the coldest days in his precious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment