Monday, October 25, 2010

I Think My boyfriend Is Trying to Give Me A Heart Attack

In the last three months life has been quite a thrill. But this last week, I am contemplating just how many scares my heart can handle.

After the clock strikes nine in the evening, I open the front door. My child is asleep and I don't want the doorbell to ring. I walk from the kitchen and turn to the hallway and see a figure in the doorway suddenly appear. I jump wanting to scream but I realize it is the man I have been waiting for. We laugh and enjoy our evening.

Now it is some time later and I am jamming to Love Is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar. I turn to face the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks. My heart is pounding hard against my chest and then I turn ten shades of red. It is once again the boyfriend. I smile and hide my face in his chest. And then we enjoy our evening.

Last night... I am listening to Jason Aldean's She's Country as I am making bierocks. I have the egg wash in my hand and am searching for the wire whisk, singing good and I hear the faint sound of plastic and I turn. I barely hear my son say hi to the boyfriend and I carry that note for a very exaggerated moment when I see him standing right beside me with flowers in hand. Again my heart is racing. Luckily, I was singing or he would have been covered in egg wash.

So here it is, the night we are supposed to have date night and I am wondering if my heart will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment