Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blending Families

When two people fall in love and have children from a previous relationship, it can be difficult to combine the two families. Especially when they have just one child a piece and they are close in age.

I have been very blessed that my son loves playing with my boyfriend's daughter and she with him. They are both a joy and laugh almost the entire time they are together. We run into an argument on occasion but that comes with the territory. They are young and used to having complete attention from us. I think it's cute when they try to one up each other.

I never thought that his daughter would try to make my son jealous and at the same time, my son demands that my boyfriend and I seal the deal so that he and his daughter can live with us. I don't know if I were I his shoes I would want that. But then again, maybe having someone to play with other than mom may seem entertaining even if there is a fight every once in awhile.

All I can say is that it feels like family when we are all together and I absolutely love it; Good times and Bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment