Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

What a beautiful forty days ahead of us. A chance to make a sacrifice for Lent, for Jesus Christ. A sacrifice that maybe sticks with you throughout the years to come. It's not just about making a sacrifice and then cheating on Sunday. At least not to me. To me, it is about bettering oneself and making the sacrifice for the full forty days. It's about kicking a bad habit to the curb and trying your best not to pick it back up after Lent is over. That's my plan. And it's not just about sacrifices. Maybe take the time and help someone in need. Maybe serve food to the homeless. At my church we have coffee and donuts before and after mass. They could always use another person to serve.

For me, Lent is a great time to reflect on my life. To see what I can do to become a more positive role model. I want to be the best that I can be. And I pray that is what we all want.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment