Friday, March 4, 2011

High School Moment

Through the course of life we experienced such a wonderful place called high school. My question is Is there a moment that you wish you could change? Or better yet a moment that you wouldn't change?

In my freshman year, I was approached by a junior and developed quite a crush. After a couple of months what began quickly ended swiftly for him. He left me moping around the school for a month. I don't even remember the days as they went by. I did my school work and talked to no one. Then one day before Christmas break he approached me with one of his friends.

"Remember the bracelet I gave you?"
I nodded.
"I want it back."
"It's at home."
"I'll come by tonight and get it." They walked off laughing.
Meanwhile my heart tore a bit more. By the time I got home, my head had been filled with so many emotions. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to ask for it back! It was a gift! Then I grew angry. I thought of just what to say when he arrived.
A few minutes later the door bell rang. I grabbed the bracelet and walked to the door. I drew in a deep breath and turned the knob. There he stood with that friend who had laughed at me. Heat rose in my cheeks and then, I smiled wickedly. I know I did because he took a step back from the porch. I said nothing and held out the bracelet for him to take. He looked nervously at his friend who's smile had widened. His fingers grazed the golden bracelet just as I let go. It dropped with a thud on the hard cement porch. His mouth dropped open and his buddy busted out in laughter. I smirked and watched him pick it up. Just as he looked at me one last time, I took note of his astonishment, I laughed and slammed the door shut.

To change a memory like that would be absolutely crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment